(Youth and Educators Succeeding)
Instructor: Mr. Pluff
What is TechYES?.
- TechYES is a 10-week project based course that is a requirement for all 7th graders.
- Utilizing technology, (ie. computers, digital cameras, scanners, camcorders, etc.) students plan and construct two projects.
- The projects can be on any topic as long as students use technology to; 1) gather information, 2) organize their information, 3) construct their projects, and 4) share their projects.
- Projects to choose from can include any two of the following:
1) Build a website
2) Create a Powerpoint Presentation
3) Create a Photo Story
4) Create a Pod Cast
5) Create a Glog
6) Create an MS Publisher brochure
7) Create a Movie
8) Any project with approval from instructor (ie. programing computer, build video game, etc.)
- In addtion to completing two projects, units on computer safety and ethics and copyrights are also covered.