You’re invited! The Baldwinsville Central School District is pleased to invite the community to attend:
Helping Your Child Thrive: A Health & Wellness Mini-Conference for Parents
Wednesday, October 18th from 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
In the Baker High School Auditorium
Pre-Registration is preferred. Please click the link below to register.
5:30 - 6:00 Meet & Greet with Community Organizations
6:00 - 7:00 Julie Smith Keynote
7:00 - 7:15 Meet & Greet Community Organizations
7:15 - 7:45 Workshop Session I
7:50 - 8:20 Workshop Session II
Julie Smith, a nationally recognized expert, will discuss social media and its impact on adolescents’ mental health.
Following the keynote speaker, parents will select two workshop sessions to attend. Workshops cover a wide range of topics pertaining to children’s and teenagers’ physical and mental health. A complete list of workshops is provided below.
Beginning at 5:30, a wide range of community organizations will be available to share information about their services, programs, and activities, providing parents with valuable resources for assisting with children’s mental and physical development. A partial list of organizations attending is provided below.
The Baldwinsville Teacher’s Association is providing free babysitting in the Baker cafeteria from 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Teachers and student volunteers will lead games and activities.
Door Prizes & Refreshments, too!
Visit the community organizations area in the Baker Auditorium Lobby to enter to win fantastic door prizes. Light refreshments will also be provided.
- ABOUT THE HPV VACCINE: DR. JOSEPH NIMEH
- ALIVE AT 25: TEEN DRIVING SAFETY: MARTY KNAUL, POLICE OFFICER & SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICER
- CONCUSSIONS 101: JULIE CARPENTER, DNP, FNP
- HOW TO RAISE AN ADULT: CHRISSY RODE & KRISTEN FOOTE
- MENTAL ILLNESS OR PHYSICAL? IT'S REALLY JUST GEOGRAPHY: MAGGIE SIMONE
- MINDFULNESS FOR KIDS: HEATHER KOWALSKI
- MINDFULNESS FOR TEENS: HEIDI DWYER & LORI ARIGO
- NUTRITION FOR ATHLETES: LINDSEY LADUE, RD, CDN
- POSITIVITY PROJECT: A FOCUS ON HOW "OTHER PEOPLE MATTER": DANIELLE NAHORNEY & ALEX EWING
- SIGNS YOUR CHILD IS BEING BULLIED & HOW YOU CAN HELP: DIAMOND MARIE BRELAND-THAXTON
- TALKING ABOUT SUICIDE AND REDUCING THE STIGMA: KARRIE LAMACHIA & ALEX RUSIN
- THE BENEFITS OF FITNESS FOR TEENS: JON BICK
- THE OPIATE EPIDEMIC: BALDWINSVILLE POLICE CHIEF LEFINCHECK
- THE ROLE OF THE SCHOOL SOCIAL WORKER AND WHEN TO SEEK OUTSIDE SUPPORT: MEREDITH RIGGS, KRISTEN FABBRI, & MEGAN ESCHMANN
- YOUR TEEN'S MENTAL HEALTH: WHEN TO WORRY AND WHERE TO GO: MELANIE BEACHAM & AMY OLYENCH
- BALDWINSVILLE ADDICTION AWARENESS
- BALDWINSVILLE PUBLIC LIBRARY
- BALDWINSVILLE VOLUNTEER CENTER
- BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA, LONGHOUSE COUNCIL
- CONTACT COMMUNITY SERVICES
- COMMUNITY WESLEYAN CHURCH
- COUNTY WEST FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER/ PEACE, INC.
- JEWISH COMMUNITY CENTER OF SYRACUSE
- MCMAHON/RYAN CHILD ADVOCACY CENTER
- NORTHSIDE CHURCH - STUDENT MINISTRY
- ONONDAGA COUNTY CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES, ACCESS TEAM
- PHOENIX H.O.P.E.
Last updated on 10/10/2017