Regents Earth Science Homework/Assignments (6/4 - 6/11):
Topics to be Covered:
- Radiometric Dating and Half-lives
- The Geologic Time Scale (practice w/ pgs. 8/9 in ESRTs)
- Review the June 2017 Practice Regents Exam
- Continue Regents Review
* Review for the Lab Exam. You can find helpful lab exam review materials and videos at shoustonscience.com. You could also stay after school on Wednesday (5/30) to get some extra lab exam review.
* The following are the times each class will be taking the Earth Science Lab Exam (this is part of your Regents Exam score):
- RED ES (pds. 1/2) - Monday, June 4th in room 148
* June 2017 Practice Regents Exam will be due by Tuesday, June 5th.
* In-class Regents Exam on Wednesday (6/6) and Thursday (6/7).
* Class Party/Regents Review on Monday (6/11).
Regents Exam Information:
* Final Practice Regents Exam will be given in class on Wednesday, June 6th. The review process will then continue for the remainder of the year.
* Students are encouraged to pick up copies of regents review activities in the classroom, use Mr. Houston's website (shoustonscience.com) to assess their own work and take advantage of other on-line regents review resources.
* The Earth Science Regents Exam is fast approaching! The regents lab exam will take place in class (rm. 148) during the last week of May. The written portion of the exam will be on Thursday, June 14th (starting in the morning). Eventhough we will review for the exam in class in a couple of weeks, students should begin the review process on their own, outside of class. I have created Earth Science Regents Review web-links (see below) that are helpful. You can also visit shoustonscience.com for more review options. The interactive earth science regents exams and regents review video links are good. Although it's not required, the red-colored Barron's Earth Science Regents Review book is another excellent resource.
After School Times: Wednesday (6/6)