Dear Elden Families,
We have three weeks of school left. This year just flew by. Here are some of our highlights from May:
- Girls on the Run met every Monday and Wednesday after school- they are such an inspiration!!!
- Homework/reading help event at Riverknoll
- 4th and 5th Graders participated in the Perennial Math Competition
- Grades 4/5 band and orchestra performed as well as the grade 3 orchestra and music classes
- Wellness Day
- Get Ready for Kindergarten Session 2
- The Scholastic Book Fair and Art Show
The PTA meeting scheduled for Tuesday, June 5th
as well as the 5th grade Moving Up Day meeting have been canceled. We will be holding another 5th grade parent meeting on June 13th at 6:00p.m.
Our Elden Field Day is June 6th
. Please consider volunteering; we could use your help. Sign up through: https://m.signupgenius.com/#!/showSignUp/30e0d45afa92aaaf49-elden3
There is a small Flag Day ceremony on June 14th
at 9:30a.m. We have invited residents of Silver Fox to come over for a reception following the ceremony. The PTA calendar listed a 2nd
grade chorus concert, which is incorrect.
grade parents have been hard at work preparing for the June Moving Up Day (MUD) ceremony. The MUD ceremony will be June 15th
at 10:00a.m. There will be a short reception for parents immediately following the ceremony.
Superintendent McDonald has organized an amazing celebration for all 5th
grade students district-wide. This will take place on June 20th
from 9:30a.m to 1:30p.m for all 5th
graders. More information including permission slips will be coming home.
Please look for the June Elden newsletter. It will be emailed to you June 4th. It includes this letter as well as the upcoming calendar of events.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to give me a call. Thank you.