Dear Elden Families,
The month of February was a short month, but we certainly had a bunch of great things going on at Elden. Some of the highlights were:
- The PTA sponsored “Pick a Reading Partner” (PARP) program concluded on February 3rd! Students actively participated in reading under the theme, "Reading is My Super Power!" Congratulations to the winners with the highest participation; they were Mrs. Jasewicz’s class with 94% and Mrs. Kotz’s class with 92%.
- Students from grades 2 and 3 attended the Redhouse production of Cinderella at Baker High School on February 5th!
- Mrs. Cole held her annual “Join the Band” concert of Elden musicians on February 13th.
- BESPA organized a wonderful weeklong celebration of activities for Read Across America during the last week of February.
- The PTA organized another Arts-In-Education assembly, The Show of Love, on February 28th. K-5 students enjoyed learning more about respect, kindness, civility and responsibility.
- Also, on February 28th, we held our 3rd Annual Science Fair.
A big thank you goes out to Mr. Hyland & the science fair committee, the PTA, the Redhouse Arts Center, Mrs. Cole and BESPA.
The PTA sponsored Elden Enrichment Day is Saturday, March 24th
. This is a change from the district calendar due to the 31st
being a holiday weekend. Our next PTA meeting will be Tuesday, March 13th
at 7:00pm. We hope to see you there. Check out their webpage at: https://elden.ptboard.com/home
. Thank you again to the PTA for supporting all of our Elden Eagles!
Please look for the March Elden newsletter. It will be emailed to you. It includes this letter as well as the upcoming calendar of events.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to give me a call. Stay warm! Thank you.