Kristin Gagnon District Registrar 29 East Oneida Street
Phone - (315) 638-6044 Email - KGagnon@bville.org Baldwinsville, New York 13027
Mary Moyer District Data Manager Fax - (315) 638-6406
Phone - (315) 638-6050 Email - Mmoyer@bville.org
Hours of Operation: M-F 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Summer Hours: 7:00-3:00)
Joseph DeBarbieri - Local Education Agency Foster Care Liaison
Phone - (315) 638-6044
Mary Moyer - District McKinney-Vento Liaison
Registration Documentation for students entering Grades UPK - 12
Phone - (315) 638-6050
The parent/guardian are required to complete the pre-registration process online and finalize the process in person for enrollment in our district within three days of entering your online registration. There are fillable documents which are required to be downloaded/printed and completed by you to present at time of your registration appointment. Please follow the directions provided within the Online Pre-registration system to complete your public school, non-public/private school or homeschool census registration for your student. The link is on the left side top corner for you to begin your session.
If you are enrolling a Kindergarten student for the 2022-23 school year, the student must reach 5 years of age on or before December 1, 2017 to be eligible for the entering the for the school year. There are no exceptions.
If you are enrolling a Universal Pre-Kindergarten student for the 2022-2023 school year, the student must reach 4 years of age on or before December 1,2017 to be eligible to enter this program for the school year. There are no exceptions.
- Read all directions provided on the online registration page for your specific type of enrollment for your child to avoid delays in registration
- Download all the appropriate forms from the Welcome menu that are relevant to your child. Fill in by computer and save or print out.
- Complete online registration process for your children, parent information, residence details with phones and email addresses.
- On the Additional Information Screens, check and complete all required screens appropriate to your child(ren). At the end of your session be sure to save your entries. You will receive a Session Key by email to know your Registration has been sent successfully.
- Email the forms you have completed for your children to our Registrar, KGagnon@bville.org or print out to turn in at your registration appointment.
- Our Registrar will send you an email with directions to complete the registration process and a LINK to set up the required in-person appointment through the Google Calendar Program. Please note:This is NOT a virtual meeting. At this meeting you will present the final documents required for registration. Any documents missing to complete the enrollment will hold the registration from being completed and forwarded to a school for placement.
- Once Registration is completed, the school staff will either requisition student records from their former school and contact you with start date information if your child is being registered during the school year; or in the case of incoming UPK or Kindergarten students contact you about a screening for your child and any other pertinent information for entering these programs in the Fall.
The Enrollment documents listed below are presented in person at the District Office. Please contact the Registrar to set up an appointment to complete your online registration program.
AGE DETERMINATION (provide one of the following suitable documents):
- In accordance with the Education Law § 3218, a certified transcript of a birth certificate or record of baptism which gives the date of birth can be used as documentation to establish a child’s age.*
RESIDENCY DETERMINATION (provide one of the following documents establishing your physical presence in our district)
- A copy of a residential lease or proof of ownership of a house or condominium, such as a deed or mortgage statement;
- A statement by a third-party landlord, owner or tenant from whom the parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation leases or with whom they share property within the District, which may be either sworn or unsworn; or
- Such other statement by a third party establishing the parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation’s physical presence in the district.*
*Please note if any of the documents listed above are not readily available at time of registration with the district; please review with the District Registrar other acceptable forms that can be presented for Age and Residency Determination.
Additional (Post-Enrollment) Documentation
The following items are used to determine school level placement and additional services for students:
The following forms can be emailed or copies presented at your Registration appointment:
- Home Language Questionnaire—this form is required for all students registering within NYS school districts. Please download and complete the questionnaire in its entirety from the Pre-registration Portal. Forms in other languages are available upon request at our Registration Office.
- Individualized Education Program (IEP): If your child receives Support Services such as Resource, Speech, Occupational or Physical Therapy, in addition to regular classroom instruction; please present their current IEP or 504 Plan in order to continue services within our district. The Consent forms for retrieving your child's previous school IEP Plan are available on the Pre-registration Portal. Please download and bring to your registration appointment.
- Last report card or class schedule from prior school. For students entering grades 10 through 12, providing a copy of their high school transcript or report card will be beneficial to assisting your child with scheduling courses required for graduation.
- Recent Physical Exam and Immunization Report; specifically documents dated within a year of registration date; or provide information that a new exam is scheduled within 30 days of registration. Please review the specific immunization information by clicking this link for the Baldwinsville CSD Nurse's Registration Requirements Page.
- Dental Certificate. These are not mandatory for enrollment, however, it is required to be provided to our Health Offices after your child's next Dental Appointment.
- Transportation Request Form
Additional information that may be provided to you at Registration:
(**Application for free or reduced meals are available at both the Registration and Food Service Offices. If you have a direct certification letter from the NYS Office of Temporary & Disability Assistance, please present this at time of registration in place of completing the application. If you have any questions, please contact our food services program at 638-6064.)
Breakfast/Lunch Program Enrollment Form**
District Calendar and Communications Packet
Special Education Parent Guide
Universal Pre-Kindergarten Program:
HomeSchool by Parent Information
If you plan to home school your child(ren) we request you complete the Online Pre-Registration through the online pre-registration portal to provide us with basic Census information. Please check and fill in the Additional Information section "Home School CENSUS" at the end. We request proof of residency be presented to District Registration before you send your letter of intent to determine whether you are registering with the correct district. Send your Letter of Intent to MMoyer@bville.org and JBeck@ocmboces.org. Please click on the link below for direct access to the OCM BOCES webpage for instructions and regulations for home school programs.
Non-Public/Private School or Charter School CENSUS Registration-
Parents enrolling students in a non-public/private or charter school program are required to complete the online Pre-Registration program for a census registration with their home district. On the Additional Information Page complete the section for Non-Public & Private School Enrollment. If you are requesting Transportation Services, please download and complete the fillable copy of the Non-Public Transportation Request Form which is provided on the Link Menu below or in the Online Portal Directions. Please turn in this form with your proof of residency when you complete your registration with our District Registrar.
- Complete the Online Pre-Regisitration with the Student Health History and the Home Language Questionnaire forms;
- Provide Proof of Residency in the form of a lease or mortgage statement, school tax invoice or a utility bill for your residence;
- Present your child's original birth certificate as proof of age;
- Provide a completed health appraisal with immunization record form signed by a physician or current immunization record and the date of scheduled exam with the physician to be completed within a year of the student entering Pre-K program;
- Once the Online Pre-Registration is completed, you will receive an email from our District Registrar with instructions to make an appointment to complete your child's registration is person.
- The district requires copies of custody documents to be on file for all students whose parents share legal custody or a parent who has sole legal custody.
- Please note any student being "held back by a parent" from entering Kindergarten when they are age eligible for Kindergarten (reach 5 years of age by December 1, 2017) will not be eligible to enroll in the Universal Pre-Kindergarten program as per the NYS Education Department. Qualifying students who will reach 4 years of age by the December 1, 2017 deadline only will be considered for this program.
Change of Address Information - (students enrolled with the Baldwinsville District or transporting to Non Public School by District)
- Fill out the ADDRESS CHANGE FORM below. When changing your address, please provide proof of residency documentation.
- Contact your child's school main office at an Elementary Level or Counseling Office at Ray MS, Durgee JHS or Baker HS to provide the Address Change Form and proof of residency. Address changes for students attending Non Public schools, please submit the form to MMoyer@bville.org.
- The staff will process your change of information and notify any educational programs and transportation center to make updates in their systems. Please note, a change of address may take up to three days to process a new bus route for your child(ren). Dispatchers will contact you directly with the route information such as pick up time, location and bus route number. Our Dispatchers will not process an address change until they receive the confirmation direct from a school or district office staff. If you have a change in Daycare/Sitter as well, you will need to complete the Daycare/Sitter form for their records.
- The ADDRESS CHANGE FORM is a fillable document that you may complete on your computer, print out and present to the school with your proof of address (required for all residents of the district).
The Baldwinsville Central School District is committed to making its website, www.bville.org, and the forms and information on it compliant with the American with Disabilities Act to ensure accessibility of its website for all students, parents and members of the community with disabilities. If you are having difficulties accessing information on the website, please contact the district's webmaster, Sarah Buckshot at email@example.com or 315-638-6180.