Directions on Turning on Accessibility on iPads
1. First open all of the PDF documents you are interested in reading. For each PDF that you open in your browser, you should see an option at the top right corner that says "Open in iBooks." Open ALL PDF documents that you interested in reading this way. This puts everything in you iBooks app.
2. Determine where the iBooks app is located on the iPad. (ex: What page is it on? Is it located in a folder?)
3. Go to the Settings App. Click "General." Next, Click "Accessibility." At the top, you will see a button to turn on VoiceOver. Click this.
4. This will bring you to the VoiceOver page. Before turning on VoiceOver by sliding the button at the top right, you will want to adust the speaking rate so that it is very slow, then turn on VoiceOver.
5. Now you are ready to begin reading. Click the home (circle) button on the iPad. Listen to the verbal directions on how to navigate the iPad while the VoiceOver accessibility feature is on. Open up iBooks, and click the PDF you want to read. For some PDFs, you will have to manually go through each line of text, placing your finger over the text you want to have read to you.
Here is a video that you can watch to learn more.
All Social Classes
Education and Government:
Women and Marriage: