COVID-19 testing available on Wednesday, December 16 at all schoolsThe District met its yellow micro-cluster zone requirements last month when asymptomatic testing was held at C.W. Baker High School, Durgee Junior High School, Palmer Elementary School and Elden Elementary School. Although no further testing is required to remain open to in-person instruction, the Onondaga County Health Department has offered to return to conduct testing in all of our school buildings.
The asymptomatic testing will be held on Wednesday, December 16 and is open to District staff and students who are scheduled to be in-person. Wednesday is a Hive cohort day. We will not test a student without consent from their parent or guardian. Families who give consent for their child to be tested are asked to register online. Registration is now open.
Watch video on the testing process:
How to register for COVID-19 testing:
- Click this link (https://covid19.ongov.net/
- Fill out the registration form. Enter your information. Under the patient’s name, enter your child’s name. Under phone and email, enter your contact information.
- Enter your child’s information: Date of birth, sex, etc.
- The form will ask you to enter the “Name of School.” In this spot, enter the address and phone number for your school:
- Charles W. Baker High School - 29 E Oneida St, Baldwinsville, NY 13027 (315)-638-6000
- Theodore R. Durgee Junior High School - 29 E Oneida St, Baldwinsville, NY 13027 (315)-638-6086
- Ray Middle School - 7650 Van Buren Road, Baldwinsville, NY 13027 (315) 638-6106
- Harry E. Elden Elementary School - 29 E Oneida St, Baldwinsville, NY 13027 (315) 638-6118
- McNamara Elementary School - 7344 O’Brien Road, Baldwinsville, NY 13027 (315) 638-6130
- L. Pearl Palmer Elementary School - 7864 Hicks Road, Baldwinsville NY 13027 (315) 638-6127
- Reynolds Elementary School - 222 Deerwood Drive, Baldwinsville NY 13027 (315) 638-6124
- Van Buren Elementary School - 20 Ford Street, Baldwinsville NY 13027 (315) 638-6121
- Parents will be asked to type in their name to give consent.
- Select continue.
- Select your school as the testing location.
- Choose an appointment time. The appointment time is only used to hold a test for the student or staff member. Testing is quick and will occur much faster than listed through the appointment times.
The test kits that Onondaga County will be using are minimally-invasive, nasal swab rapid tests, which produce results in 15 minutes. The swab is placed in the lower part of the nose. The BinaxNOW test is much less invasive than the deep nasopharyngeal swabs performed at many medical facilities. The method for this particular test is to gently insert the swab into the lower part of each nostril (just half to one inch), swirl and repeat in the second nostril.