Acting Superintendent's announcements for November 18, 2022November 18, 2022
Dear Parents and Guardians,
It is an exciting weekend for the cast and crew of the “The Lion King Jr'' musical, which premieres at 7 p.m. tonight in the auditorium of C.W. Baker High School. There are also two shows tomorrow at 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. The musical features actors from Ray Middle School and Durgee Junior High School. Our third graders got a sneak peek of the show this morning and it was fantastic. Great work, Bees! Your performance on stage and behind the scenes shows talent, hard work and lots of dedication. For tickets and cast information, visit our website.
I have a few quick announcements to share with you today:
Congratulations & Go Bees:
- Solomon Holden-Betts won the NYSPHSAA Cross Country Class A Championship. He also had the fastest overall time of the day! Great job, Solomon.
- Eva Smith is competing in the Girls Swimming state championship, which is being held today and tomorrow in Rochester. Eva placed first in the state qualifiers in the 100 yard Backstroke and in the 200 yard Freestyle. Good luck, Eva! We’re very proud of you!
- Good luck to the eight members of the Boys Cross Country team who are running in the NY Federation Championships tomorrow in Wappingers Falls. Go Bees!
- Report cards are now available in the Parent Portal.
- The District will be having its annual "Go Home Early" Drill on Tuesday, November 22, 2022. All schools will be dismissed 15 minutes early to conduct the mandatory safety drill.
- There is no school for all students on Wednesday, November 23rd to Friday, November 25th for Thanksgiving. District offices will be closed on November 24th and November 25th.
The safety of our students and staff is one of our highest priorities at the Baldwinsville
Central School District. The decision to cancel/delay school will be based on several
factors including the weather forecast and current road conditions. In the event that we do cancel/delay school we will use our School Messenger System to alert parents and guardians. This system sends an automated voice message and an email to families. You will also receive a text message if you have opted in to the service. Learn more about receiving text messages on our website. We will also post information on our website and on social media, and we will notify local media outlets.
2022 Holiday Greeting Card Contest:
The District Office for the Baldwinsville Central School District is seeking a design for our 2022 digital holiday greeting card and we are calling all BCSD elementary school students to submit the cover art. We already received some amazing entries. Entries must be submitted by 8 p.m. on Sunday, November 20th. Learn more on our website.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have and check our website for important updates. Have a great weekend!
Joseph M. DeBarbieri
Acting Superintendent of Schools