About Our District
Our Community – A Great Place to Live and LearnThe Baldwinsville Central School District lies about 10 miles northwest of Syracuse. The district is the third largest suburban public school system in Onondaga County, covering approximately 75 square miles and serving a little over 5,500 students in eight buildings. The district has five elementary schools (K-5), one middle school (grades 6 & 7), one junior high (grades 8 & 9), and one high school (grades 10-12).
About 900 instructional and support staff work for the district. A wide range of programs and services are offered, including Advance Placement courses, college level courses, cutting edge technology, a widely respected special education program, and numerous extracurricular activities.
Focus on Achievement
- About 90% of our high school graduates go on to attend two- or four-year colleges.
- Baker High School’s “Project Lead the Way” engineering sequence is certified by the Rochester Institute of Technology, an honor that allows students to be eligible for college credit.
- Every year, over 50 Baldwinsville students are recognized by the College Board as “AP Scholars,” which means, at a minimum, they achieved scores of three or higher on three or more Advanced Placement exams.
- Baker High School offers a business finance strand and a business marketing strand as career and technical education programs. Students who complete a program may receive the CTE seal of endorsement on their diplomas.
- Business First, a Buffalo-based business publication, 2014 rankings for the district:
- Ranked number one in Onondaga County for its administrative efficiency, and 11th in Upstate New York.
- Five-star designation in math for scoring in the top 10 percent of all 432 Upstate school districts.
- 11th in academic performance out of 54 public school districts in the Syracuse area (counties of Cayuga, Cortland, Madison, Onondaga, Oswego and Tompkins).
- 51st in academic performance out of 432 Upstate school districts
- The district is a NAMM Best Communities for Music Education designee - 2010, 2011,2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023.
- The Baldwinsville Marching Band performed in the 2014 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. This was the first appearance of a Central New York school marching band in the parade.
- The Baldwinsville Marching Band has been invited to perform in the 131st Rose Parade, January 1, 2020.
- The girls varsity soccer team won the 2017 Class AA NYS Championships and was awarded the Army National Guard National Ranking Trophy in 13th Annual MaxPreps Tour of Champions.
- The boys varsity soccer team won the 2018 Class AA Regional Championships.
- The girls field hockey team won the 2017 Class A Regional Championships.
- The girls varsity volleyball team won the New York State 2013 Class AA Championship.
- The varsity baseball team won the New York State 2013 Class AA Championship and was the state-runner up in the 2018 Class AA Championship.
- The district received the 2012-2013 New York State Sportswriters Association (NYSSWA) Kerr Cup All-Sport Championship Award.
- The 2016 boys varsity lacrosse team is the NYSPHSAA State Champion Scholar-Athlete Team for boys lacrosse for 2016.
- Baker High School was ranked #10 in the Best High Schools for Athletes in NY, 2018, Niche.com
You can read about the early history of the school district HERE.