Elden Character Education
February's trait is Honesty
What does honesty mean?
Why is honesty important?
- To be truthful
- To not lie, cheat, or steal.
Why is it bad to be dishonest?
- Honest people are trustworthy, dependable, and respected by others.
- It is the right thing to do. It feels good.
- Telling the truth lets everyone know what happened and keeps the wrong person from being blamed for something they didn’t do.
How can you be an honest person?
- Losing the trust and respect of others.
- The need to tell more lies in order to cover up.
- You may face punishment and embarrassment.
- Tells the truth, regardless of the consequence.
- Admits when he or she is wrong.
- Does not cheat or steal.
- Does not exaggerate to make things seem different than they are.
- Keeps promises and encourages others to be truthful.
Enjoy these books about honesty with your child. You can check them out through the Elden Library and the Baldwinsville Public Library!