Registration & Enrollment Office
|Mary Moyer District Data Manager
Phone - (315) 638-6050
29 East Oneida Street
Baldwinsville, New York 13027
Fax - (315) 638-6406
Hours of Operation: M-F 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Summer Hours: 7:00-3:00)
Registration Documentation for students entering Grades K - 12
It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to complete the pre-registration process online and finalize the process in person for enrollment in our district within three days of entering your online registration. There are fillable documents which are required to be downloaded/printed and completed by you to either attach during the online process or present with an original signature at time of registration. Please follow the directions provided within the Online Pre-registration system to complete your public school, non-public/private school or homeschool registration for your student. The link is above on the left side for you to begin your session. If you are enrolling a Kindergarten student for the 2018-19 school year, the student must be born on or before December 1, 2013 to be eligible for the entering the next school year. There are no exceptions.
- Read all directions provided in the portal for your specific type of enrollment for your child
- Download, fill in and save the appropriate forms from the Welcome menu.
- Complete online registration process for your students.
- On the Additional Information Screens, check and complete all appropriate screens; attach your documents at the appropriate prompts.
- Set your appointment for completing Registration in person at the District Office. Any documents missing to complete the enrollment will hold the registration from being accepted and forwarded to the building of enrollment for completion.
- Once Registration is accepted, the school of enrollment will requisition student records from their former school and contact you with start date information.
The Enrollment documents listed below are presented in person at the District Office. Please contact the Registrar to set up an appointment to complete your online registration program.
AGE DETERMINATION (provide one of the following suitable documents):
- In accordance with the Education Law § 3218, a certified transcript of a birth certificate or record of baptism which gives the date of birth can be used as documentation to establish a child’s age.*
RESIDENCY DETERMINATION (provide one of the following documents establishing your physical presence in our district)
- A copy of a residential lease or proof of ownership of a house or condominium, such as a deed or mortgage statement;
- A statement by a third-party landlord, owner or tenant from whom the parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation leases or with whom they share property within the District, which may be either sworn or unsworn; or
- Such other statement by a third party establishing the parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation’s physical presence in the district.*
*Please note if any of the documents listed above are not readily available at time of registration with the district; please review with the District Registrar other acceptable forms that can be presented for Age and Residency Determination.
Additional (Post-Enrollment) Documentation
The following items are used to determine school level placement and additional services for students:
The following forms may be uploaded into the Online Pre-registration Program as a PDF formatted document:
- Home Language Questionnaire—this form is required for all students registering within NYS school districts. Please download and complete the questionnaire in its entirety from the Pre-registration Portal. Forms in other languages are available upon request at our Registration Office.
- Individualized Education Program (IEP): If your child receives Support Services such as Resource, Speech, Occupational or Physical Therapy, in addition to regular classroom instruction; please present their current IEP or 504 Plan in order to continue services within our district. The Consent forms for retrieving your child's previous school IEP Plan are available on the Pre-registration Portal. Please download and bring to your registration appointment.
- Transportation Request Form
- Last report card or class schedule from prior school. For students entering grades 10 through 12, providing a copy of their high school transcript or report card will be most beneficial to assisting your child with scheduling courses required for graduation.
- Immunization & Health Records. Provide the most recent Physical Exam and immunization schedule; specifically documents dated within a year of registration date; or provide information that a new exam is scheduled within 30 days of registration. Please note there have been new requirements from New York State regarding Immunizations. Please review the specific changes by clicking this link for the Baldwinsville CSD Nurse's Office.
- Dental Certificate – requested for new students to district. This is not mandatory for enrollment, however, it is required to be provided to our Health Offices after your next Dental Appointment. At that time complete the Dental Health Certificate, have your Certified Dentist sign as proof of Comprehensive Dental Examination, and submit to the Health Office at your child’s school.
- The school nurse will review all the medical and immunization documentation you have provided. It is possible that you will be asked to provide additional information after they have completed their review.
Additional information that will be provided to you at Registration:
(**Application for free or reduced meals are available at both the Registration and Food Service Offices. If you have a direct certification letter from the NYS Office of Temporary & Disability Assistance, please present this at time of registration in place of completing the application. If you have any questions, please contact our food services program at 638-6064.)
Home School Information
Parents planning to home school their children need to complete the Online Pre-Registration through the portal. Please check and fill in the Additional Information section "Home School CENSUS" at the end. We request proof of residency be presented to District Registration before you send your letter of intent to determine you are registering with the correct district. Send your Letter of Intent to OCM BOCES Instructional Support Educational Programs for Home Instruction by parent and MMoyer@bville.org. Please click on the link below for direct access to the OCM BOCES webpage for instructions and regulations for home school programs.
Attending Non-Public or Charter School
Parents enrolling students in a non-public/private or charter school program are required to complete the online Pre-Registration program for a census registration with their home district. On the Additional Information Page complete the section for Non-Public & Private School Enrollment. If you are requesting Transportation Services, please download and complete an electronic copy of the Non-Public Transportation Request Form which is provided on the Menu in the Online Portal. You will have an opportunity to attach your Transportation form in the Online Portal or you can turn in the form with your proof of residency when you complete your registration with our District Registrar.
Breakfast/Lunch Program Enrollment Form**
District Calendar and Communications Packet
Special Education Parent Guide
Change of Address Information - Steps to change address or information (students already enrolled with the Baldwinsville District)
Address Change Form
- Fill out the ADDRESS CHANGE FORM below. When changing your address, please provide proof of residency documentation.
- Contact your student's school main office at an Elementary Level or Guidance Office at Ray MS, Durgee JHS or Baker HS to provide the Address Change Form and proof of residency.
- The staff at the school will process your change of information and notify the changes to any educational programs and transportation center to make updates in their systems. Please note, a change of address may take up to three days to process a new bus route for your children by our Dispatchers. Dispatchers will contact you directly with the route information such as pick up time, locations and bus route number. Our Dispatchers will not process an address change until they receive the information direct from our schools. If you have a change in Daycare as well, you will need to complete the Daycare/Sitter form for their records.
- The ADDRESS CHANGE FORM is a fillable document that you may complete on your computer, however, we do ask for you to print and provide your original signature on the form. Then you may present to the school with your proof of address.