|Mary Moyer District Data Manager
Phone - (315) 638-6050
29 East Oneida Street
Baldwinsville, New York 13027
Fax - (315) 638-6406
Hours of Operation: M-F 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Summer Hours: 7:00-3:00)
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION TO TAKE PLACE March 16, 2017
Baldwinsville School District is preparing for the Open Registration for the 2017-2018 school year. All resident students born on or before December 1, 2012 (no exceptions), are eligible to enroll for Kindergarten for next school year.
Our ONLINE PORTAL for entering information for non-school aged children will be open from November 1, 2016 through Februrary 28, 2017 to provide the district with details regarding preschool children residing in the district.
At the end of January, information regarding the Kindergarten Registration will be mailed to families of eligible children entering school the following September. The link is listed above at the left side of this page. Please be sure to visit this portal during the open session for entering CENSUS information for your preschool child.
It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to complete the pre-registration process online and finalize the process in person for enrollment in our district within three days of entering your online registration. There are fillable documents which will need to be downloaded/printed and completed by you to either attach during the online process or present with an original signature at time of registration. Please follow the directions provided within the Online Pre-registration system to complete your public school, non-public or homeschool registration for your student. The link is above on the left side for you to begin your session.
**Registration for students entering Kindergarten must meet the age determination of reaching five years of age by December 1, 2016 in order to enroll in the district. There are no exceptions.**
- Read all directions provided in the portal for your specific type of enrollment for your child
- Download, fill in and save the appropriate forms from the Welcome menu.
- Complete online registration process for your students.
- On the Additional Information Screens, complete all appropriate screens and attach your documents at the appropriate prompts.
- Set your appointment for completing Registration in person at the District Office. Any documents missing to complete the enrollment will hold the registration from being accepted and turned over to the building of enrollment for completion.
- Once Registration is accepted, the school of enrollment will requisition student records from their former school.
The Enrollment documents listed below are presented in person at the District Office. Please contact the Registrar to set up an appointment to complete your online registration program.
AGE DETERMINATION (provide one of the following suitable documents):
- In accordance with the Education Law § 3218, a certified transcript of a birth certificate or record of baptism which gives the date of birth can be used as documentation to establish a child’s age.*
RESIDENCY DETERMINATION (provide one of the following documents establishing your physical presence in our district)
- A copy of a residential lease or proof of ownership of a house or condominium, such as a deed or mortgage statement;
- A statement by a third-party landlord, owner or tenant from whom the parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation leases or with whom they share property within the District, which may be either sworn or unsworn; or
- Such other statement by a third party establishing the parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation’s physical presence in the district.*
*Please note if any of the documents listed above are not readily available at time of registration with the district; please review with the District Registrar other acceptable forms that can be presented for Age and Residency Determination.
Supplemental (Post-Enrollment) Documentation
The following items are used to determine school level placement and additional services for students:
The following forms may be uploaded into the Online Pre-registration Program as a PDF formatted document:
- Home Language Questionnaire—this form is required for all students registering within NYS school districts. Please download and complete the questionnaire in its entirety from the Pre-registration Portal. Forms in other languages are available upon request at our Registration Office.
- Individualized Education Program (IEP): If your child receives Support Services such as Resource, Speech, Occupational or Physical Therapy, in addition to regular classroom instruction; please present their current IEP or 504 Plan in order to continue services within our district. The Consent forms for retrieving your child's previous school IEP Plan are available on the Pre-registration Portal. Please download and bring to your registration appointment.
- Last report card or class schedule from prior school. For students entering grades 10 through 12, providing a copy of their high school transcript or report card will be most beneficial to assisting your child with scheduling courses required for graduation.
- Immunization & Health Records. Provide the most recent Physical Exam and immunization schedule; document to be dated within a year of registration date; or provide information that a new exam is scheduled within 30 days of registration.
- Dental Certificate – requested for new students to district. This is not mandatory for enrollment, however, it is required to be provided to our Health Offices after your next Dental Appointment. At that time complete the enclosed Dental Health Certificate, have your Certified Dentist sign as proof of Comprehensive Dental Examination, and submit to the Health Office at your child’s school.
- Transportation Request Form
Additional information that will be provided to you at Registration:
(**Application for free or reduced meals are available at both the Registration and Food Service Offices. If you have a direct certification letter from the NYS Office of Temporary & Disability Assistance, please present this at time of registration in place of completing the application. If you have any questions, please contact our food services program at 638-6064.)
Non School Age Census Pre-Registration
Our ONLINE PORTAL for entering information for non-school aged children will be open from November 1, 2016 through Februrary 17, 2017 to provide the district with details regarding preschool children residing in the district. Data from this portal is used to prepare the annual Kindergarten Registration mailing to eligible children entering school the following September. The link is listed above at the left side of this page. Please be sure to visit this portal during the open session for entering CENSUS information for your preschool child.
Home School Information
Parents planning to home school their children need to complete the Online Pre-Registration through the portal. Please indicate in the Notes section at the end that your student will be home schooled. Send your Letter of Intent to OCM BOCES Instructional Support Educational Programs for Home Instruction by parent. Please click on the link below for direct access to the OCM BOCES webpage for instructions and regulations for home school programs.
Attending Non-Public or Charter School
Parents enrolling students in a non-public or charter school program are required to complete the online Pre-Registration program for a census registration with their home district. On the Additional Information Page complete the section for Non-Public & Private School Enrollment. If you are requesting Transportation Services, please download and complete an electronic copy of the Non-Public Transportation Request Form which is provided on the Menu in the Online Portal. You will have an opportunity to attach your Transportation form in the Online Portal.
Breakfast/Lunch Program Enrollment Form**
District Calendar and Communications Packet
Special Education Parent Guide
Change of Address Information
Steps to change address or information (for students already enrolled with the Baldwinsville District):
1. Please fill out ADDRESS CHANGE FORM form below. If changing address please be prepared to bring in a proof of residency document.
2. Please contact your student's school main office at Elementary Level or Guidance Offices at Ray MS, Durgee JHS and Baker HS to provide a copy of the Address Change Form.
Address Change Form