Skip to main content

Payroll Department

IRS W-4 Form - Frequently Asked Questions

What if an employee wants to change his/her exemptions?  They will need to complete the new W-4 form. Although current exemptions are "grandfathered in", any changes will be done with the new form and they will need to calculate withholding on the new form. Exemptions are no longer used.
Where can I find the withholding tables?
Here are some helpful links:
FAQs from the IRS:  W-4 FAQs
IRS Tax Estimator: Tax Estimator
IRS W-4 form with instructions: W-4
Publication 15 (Circular E): Pub. 15