Skip to main content

Public Access to Records - FOIL

Access by residents of the Baldwinsville Central School District to records of the District shall be consistent with the rules and regulations established by the State Committee on Open Government and shall comply with all the requirements of the New York State Public Officers Law Section 87.

A Records Access Officer shall be designated by the Superintendent.

Regulations and procedures pertaining to accessing District records shall be as indicated in the School District Administrative Manual.

Requests for Records via E-mail

If the District has the capability to retrieve electronic records, it must provide such records electronically upon request.  The District shall accept requests for records submitted in the form of electronic mail and respond to such requests by electronic mail using the forms supplied by the District.  This information shall be posted on the District Website, clearly designating the e-mail address for purposes of receiving requests for records via this format.

When the District maintains requested records electronically, the response shall inform the requester that the records are accessible via the internet and in printed form either on paper or other information storage medium.

The District shall respond to a request within five (5) business days of the receipt of a request by either (1) making the records available to the person requesting them, (2) acknowledging receipt of the request and providing a statement of the approximate date when the such request will be granted or denied, or (3) denying the request.  Should all or part of the request need to be denied, the District shall respond in the manner set forth by the rules and regulations stipulated by the Committee on Open Government.


Requests for student records (current and former, including graduates) are not to be requested thru this FOIL (Freedom of Information Law) process.
Contact the individual school directly for student records information or


 Click here to go to the Request for Records Form.
Complete the applicable information and hit 'SEND' to send the request to the
Records Access Officer at