BALDWINSVILLE CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
Initial notification regarding pesticide use to persons in parental relation and staff pursuant to Section 409-H of the State Education Law.
Dear Parent, Guardian, and School Staff:
New York State Education Law Section 409-H requires all public and nonpublic elementary and secondary schools to provide written notification to all persons in parental relation, faculty, and staff regarding the potential use of pesticides periodically throughout the school year.
The Baldwinsville Central School District is required to maintain a list of persons in parental relation, faculty, and staff who wish to receive 48-hour prior written notification of certain pesticide applications. The following pesticide applications are not subject to prior notification requirements:
• a school remains unoccupied for a continuous 72-hours following an application;
• anti-microbial products;
• nonvolatile rodenticides in tamper resistant bait stations in areas inaccessible to children;
• nonvolatile insecticidal baits in tamper resistant bait stations in areas inaccessible to children;
• silica gels and other nonvolatile ready-to-use pastes, foams, or gels in areas inaccessible to children;
• boric acid and disodium octaborate tetrahydrate;
• the application of EPA designated biopesticides;
• the application of EPA designated exempt materials under 40CFR1 52.25;
• the use of aerosol products with a directed spray in containers of 18 fluid ounces or less when used to protect individuals from an imminent threat from stinging and biting insects including venomous spiders, bees, wasps, and hornets.
In the event of an emergency application necessary to protect against an imminent threat to human health, a good faith effort will be made to supply written notification to those on the 48-hour prior notification list.
If you would like to receive 48-hour prior notification of pesticide applications that are scheduled to occur in your school, please complete the form below and submit it electronically. You can also print this form out and send it to our pesticide representative, Richard Foederer, Chief Operations Officer, Baldwinsville Central School District, 29 East Oneida St., Baldwinsville, NY 13027. For further information on these requirements you may contact Mr. Foederer at 315-638-6100 or fax 315-638-6141.
THIS REQUEST MUST BE MADE EVERY YEAR.
Request for Pesticide Notification
Download Request Form
To submit a Request for Pesticide Notification:
Print and mail to:
Chief Operations Officer
District Operations Building
29 East Oneida Street
Baldwinsville, NY 13027
Send an email to:
Rick Foederer at firstname.lastname@example.org and Tammi Corrente at email@example.com
Include the completed form or the following information:
1) List names of children and school buildings.
2) Parent or guardian's name(s)
3) Parent or guardian's address
4) Day phone number
5) Evening phone number
6) Email address
Please include the words “Request for Pesticide Notification” in the subject of the email.