More back to school announcements from Superintendent Thomson
August 27, 2021
Dear Parents and Guardians,
The start of the school year is fast approaching and we are excited to welcome everyone back to our school buildings on Wednesday, September 8, 2021.I wanted to take this opportunity to share with you a few important updates:
- The 2021-2022 bus information, class lists, schedules, and teacher assignments for students are now available in the Parent Portal. For help using Parent Portal, visit our User Guide.
- We are updating our COVID-19 website with important information, resources and guidance for the upcoming school year. We’ve also added our 2021-22 School Reopening Plans, which were discussed during the Board of Education meeting on Monday evening.
- For the 2021-2022 school year, the district will not require a daily health and temperature screening for entry in our school building. However, the District strongly encourages that daily screenings and temperature checks take place at home prior to attending school or a school event.
- The Onondaga County Health Department is encouraging school districts to share information regarding vaccination clinics. If you are looking for information on vaccination clinics, please visit www.vaccines.gov
- You should have received the Hive in the mail this week. Please take the time to review it because it contains several important forms for the 2021-2022 school year. The District calendar will also be arriving soon. Prior to 2020, important forms were delivered with the calendar. Now all forms are included in the Hive, including the No Image Request Form and Free and Reduced Price School Meals Application. Both forms need to be filled out every year. The Hive is also available online on our website.
Our athletic teams and marching band started practices this week. It’s wonderful to see our students back on our fields and courts. Best of luck to all the Bees as competitions begin!
Please continue to check your email and our website, www.bville.org, for updates. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. Have a great weekend!
Jason D. Thomson, Superintendent of Schools