Announcements for Friday, June 2, 2023
June 2, 2023
Dear Parents, Guardians and Staff:
Happy June! It’s hard to believe that in just three weeks the Class of 2023 will be graduating. June is a busy month packed with deadlines, final exams, field trips, celebrations and bittersweet goodbyes! We’re looking forward to making memories with everyone and finishing the school year strong!
This afternoon the Class of 2023 received a powerful reminder on the dangers of drinking and driving. A mock DWI event was held in front of the high school. The goal of this annual event is to give students an eye-opening experience on the consequences of driving impaired, especially ahead of the Senior Ball, which will be held next weekend on June 10th at the Marriott Syracuse Downtown. We want our students to understand that one bad decision can destroy so many lives. We hope this event is impactful for our students and that they have a safe and enjoyable Senior Ball and graduation celebration. Thank you to all the first responders who made this event possible.
We have a couple announcements to share with you today:
Congratulations to our Girls Lacrosse, Boys Lacrosse and Softball teams who all claimed Section III championship titles this week. This is our Softball team’s first ever sectional title, our Girls Lacrosse team’s second consecutive title and our Boys Lacrosse team’s fourth consecutive title! History is being made in Baldwinsville! Great job, Bees.
Our Boys Lacrosse team will play Section IV champion Corning-Painted Post in the regional round of state playoffs at 12:30 p.m. Saturday at Cicero-North Syracuse. Our Softball team will face Section II champion Shenendehowa at 5 p.m. Saturday at Carrier Park. Our Girls Lacrosse team won the Class A NYSPHSAA Regional Championship on Thursday. The team moves on to the state semifinal round at 1 p.m. on Friday, June 9th at Cortland High School.
Members of our Track and Field team participated in state qualifiers on Thursday at Cicero-North Syracuse. The following athletes qualified for the state championships, which will be held on June 9th and 10th at Middletown High School:
- Our boys 4X800 relay team of Logan Hayes, Jeff Ragonese, Jack McAllister and Solomon Holden-Betts won and set a new school record of 7:55.51.
- Our boys 4x400 relay team of Evan Smith, Kaleb Paul, Zach Arria and Logan Hayes won in 3:27.13.
- Noah Covert and Solomon Holden-Betts earned spots in states for the steeplechase. Covert won the 3,000-meter steeplechase with a time of 10:05.65.
- Solomon Holden-Betts won the 3,200-meter run with a time of 9:27.58
- Sydney McKenney won the pole vault with 10-00.
Our Girls Crew Team represented Baldwinsville on the National stage in Tennessee last weekend. Our Junior 4+ placed 6th in the country. We are very proud of you all!
Honoring the Class of 2023:
Graduates’ names will run in alphabetical order, about 15 names a day, from 6/12/23 to 7/10/23, and then the names will run again, from 7/11/23 to 8/7/23. Names will run on the sign each day from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Each name is held for 10 seconds. It takes about 2.5 minutes to cycle through the list of names. Visit our website to view the schedule!
Our Pep Band is performing at 11:45 a.m. on Saturday, June 3rd on the Washington Street Stage during the Taste of Syracuse. Our Marching Band is performing in Marcellus for the “Olde Home Days” Parade at 3 p.m. on Saturday, June 3rd.
- The last day of regular classes for Durgee Junior High School and C.W. Baker High School is Tuesday, June 13th. Regents exams start on Wednesday, June 14th and continue until Thursday, June 22nd. Click here to view the bus routes for exams.
- There is no school or exams for all students and district offices will be closed on Monday, June 19 to observe the Juneteenth holiday.
- Visit our website to see the schedule for the last two weeks of school.
- Please note: Main campus will be shut down at 1:30 p.m. on Friday, June 23rd to prepare for graduation. Campus reopens for graduation guests at 5 p.m.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have and regularly check our website for important updates. Have a nice weekend! Go Bees!
Dr. Kathleen M. Davis Dr. Joseph M. DeBarbieri
Acting Superintendent Deputy Superintendent