District announces administrative restructuring planJune 6, 2023
The Baldwinsville Central School District is pleased to share that during Monday evening's Board of Education meeting, the Board of Education accepted the recommendation to appoint Ms. Renee Burnett to the position of Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment. This position replaces the Deputy Superintendent position as part of the administrative restructuring proposal / plan presented to the Board of Education for action / consideration. The Deputy Superintendent Position has been abolished effective July 1, 2023. Also, the Board of Education approved the revision of two of the district's Director of Curriculum and Instruction titles to the following:
Director of Elementary Education
Director of Secondary Education
We believe these adjustments provide better clarity to the roles and responsibilities of the two directors. More specifically, the changes in alignment will help to:
- Build a stronger team and improve communications
- Better defined job duties to increase efficiency and support
- Tier the chain of command to allow for greater support for a newer administrative workforce anticipated
We are pleased to share that Christina Morgan was also approved last night to the position of Director of Secondary Education. Christina assumes the other director position vacated due to Renee's promotion to assistant superintendent.
Overall, the administrative restructuring plan will maintain the current level of administrative positions in our district while saving approximately $89,000 next year.
In summary, the Office of Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment will include the following positions as we lead forward:
- Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment
- Director of Elementary Education
- Director of Secondary Education
- Director of Academic Services & Accountability (shared jointly with the Office of Student Services)
Congratulations to Renee and Christina on your appointments!