Skip to main content

Working Papers

In NYS, anyone under 18 (minors) must show an employment certificate before they may begin work. Many people call this “working papers." The rule covers:

  • High school graduates
  • Minors who work for their parents
  • Minors who do industrial homework

School officials issue all working papers, except for child performer permits.

During the summer months working papers can be obtained at Baker HS Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) from 9:00AM  - 2:00PM.  Students will need a current physical (within the last year) and the completed application before working papers will be issued.  ID will be required if not a current C. W. Baker student.  Applications can be picked up in the main office.